Clown face frittata
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
A terrific idea for kids snacks- these potato shapes are healthy, and as fun to make as they are to eat!
IngredientsIngredients for the fritatta:
- 350 g (6oz) potatoes, peeled, sliced and cooked
- 6 medium eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the face:
- 50 g (20z) red cheese, grated, eg Red Leicester
- 1 Mushroom
- 1/2 Red pepper
- 1/2 Green pepper
- 1 small Tomato
- Lightly oil a shallow, oven proof dish.
- Arrange the cooked slices of potato in the dish.
- Beat the eggs together with some salt and pepper then pour over the potato.
- Cook in the oven for 10 minutes until the egg is just starting to set.
- Using the cheese, mushroom, peppers and tomato make a clowns face.
- Increase the oven temperature to 200ºC, 400ºF, Gas mark 6 and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.