Roast cod on lemon and parsley mash
Costs: Cheap as chips
This healthy dish is great for all the family - packed full of omega 3s it makes a great light meal for summer.
- 4 x 175g (6oz) Pieces of Cod fillet, skinned1 Lemon, rind and juice of
- 50g (1 3/4oz) Butter, melted
- 75g (2 3/4oz) Fresh white breadcrumbs
- 60ml (6 tbsn) Finely chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 700g (1lb 9oz) Floury potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 150ml (1/4pt) Milk
Instead of cod use fish of your choice, for example salmon. Dill can be used instead of parsley.
- Place the fish in a shallow ovenproof dish and pour over the lemon juice
- Mix together the breadcrumbs with half of the parsley, lemon rind and seasoning. Stir in the melted butter.
- Press the bread crumbed mixture over the fish to form a crust, and cook for 15-20 mins.
- Meanwhile cook the potatoes in a pan of lightly salted boiling water for 20 mins or until tender then drain.
- Heat the milk to boiling point then pour over the potatoes and mash until smooth.
- Stir in the remaining parsley and lemon rind and season to taste.
- Serve the fish on the mash immediately.