Salmon steaks on crushed new potatoes
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Marinated in fresh herbs, lime and olive oil, these delicious herby salmon steaks work perfectly with soft new potatoes.
- 6tbsp chopped fresh herbs (rosemary, parsley and thyme)
- Rind from 1 lime
- 4tbsp virgin olive oil
- 2 salmon fillets, skinned. Fresh fish advice video
- 400g (14oz) new or salad potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- Mix together half the herbs with the lime rind and 1tbsp oil and use to coat the fish. Cover and place in the fridge until required.
- Place the potatoes in a pan of lightly salted boiling water, cover and simmer for 15-20 mins or until tender.
- After 15 mins, heat 1tbsp of the oil in a frying pan, add the fish and fry for 2-3 mins on each side.
- Drain the potatoes and coarsely crush with the remaining oil and herbs with the garlic and seasoning.
- Pile the potatoes onto individual serving plates and serve immediately topped with the fish. Serve with salad or green vegetables.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 263(kcal)
- Fat 16.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.