Salmon and vegetable parcels
These parcels are rich in fishy oils and minerals- who says pastry is bad for you!
- 4 small potatoes, well scrubbed
- 450g (1lb) mixed vegetables, eg, carrots, peas, broccoli, cauliflower
- 4 tsp vegetable oil
- 450 g (1lb) salmon, skinned and cubed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 x 30 cm (12") foil squares, lightly oiled
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5. Cut each potato in half lengthways. Cut each half in half lengthways and repeat until you have 8 equal sized potato wedges.
- Simmer the potato wedges for 5 minutes in just enough water to cover them. Drain.
- Meanwhile prepare the chosen vegetables. Make sure they are clean, scrape or peel where appropriate and cut into even pieces.
- Lay the foil squares on the work surface and lightly brush with a little vegetable oil.
- Place equal amounts of vegetables and potatoes in the centre of each foil square and top with the fish. (If preferred use cod or haddock).
- Drizzle 1tsp of oil over the top of each pile of fish and vegetables, season with salt and pepper.
- Bring the four corners of each square up to the middle and scrunch together to form a parcel.
- Place the 4 parcels on a backing sheet and cook for 25 mins. Be careful when opening the parcels as some steam may escape.