Costs: Cheap as chips
Potato hash has been a family favourite for generations. This classic combination of potatoes, corned beef, and sweetcorn makes for a tasty dinner, which can be on the table in 45 mins.
- 675g floury potatoes e.g. Desiree, cubed
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 340g tin corned beef, diced
- 195g tin sweetcorn, drained
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Place the potatoes in a pan, cover with boiling water, add a little salt, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until just cooked. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and sauté the potatoes for 10 minutes until golden. Add the onion and red pepper and fry for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the corned beef, sweetcorn, seasoning and Worcestershire sauce and return to the heat for 10 minutes or until piping hot. Sprinkle over the parsley to serve.