Tropical fruit pots
These tasty fruit dessert bring the full flavour of the exotic with less of the calories- perfect for a dinner party or family treat.
- 2 large egg whites
- 100g (4oz) caster sugar
- Coconut or lemon-flavoured sponge cake, diced
- Mango, sliced
- Pineapple chunks
- 1 tbsp of desiccated coconut
- 4 individual ramekin dishes
- To make the meringue, place two large egg whites in a clean, grease-free bowl and, using an electric whisk, whisk until stiff but not dry. Gradually whisk in 100g (4oz) caster sugar, 15ml (1tbsp) at a time until the meringue is firm and glossy.
- Place some diced coconut or lemon-flavoured sponge cake in the base of 4 individual ramekin dishes. Top with sliced mango and pineapple chunks then swirl the meringue over the top of each dish. Sprinkle with a little desiccated coconut and bake in a preheated oven at 200 C, 400 F, Gas 6 for 5-6 mins until the meringue is golden.