Glazed lamb racks with spring vegetables
This fantastic lamb recipe is well worth the time it takes to cook, and works great as a Sunday family lunch.
- 2 x 6 cutlet racks of lamb
- 30ml (2tbsp) clear honey
- 15ml (1tbsp) wholegrain mustard
- 275g (10oz) baby carrots, peeled
- 275g (10oz) baby turnips, scrubbed
- 15ml (1tbsp) olive oil
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 225g (8oz) sugar snap peas
- 5ml (1tsp) sugar
- Mint sprigs, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5. Place the lamb racks in a roasting tin. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast for 30 mins.
- Mix together the honey and mustard. Remove the lamb from the oven and brush the honey and mustard glaze all over the layer of fat on each rack. Return to the oven and roast for a further 30-40 mins until the lamb is cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, steam the carrots and turnips for 10 mins. Heat the oil and butter in a large non-stick frying pan and add the carrots, turnips and sugar snap peas. Sprinkle over the sugar and sauté for 5-6 mins until just tender.
- Remove the lamb from the oven, cover and leave to rest for 15 mins. Arrange the vegetables and lamb on a platter and garnish with fresh mint.