Mocha ice cream terrine
Cooking time:preparation plus freezing
This ice cream dessert is so simple to make, and because it sits in the freezer quite happily, you can have one on stand by!
- 500ml (17fl oz) pot vanilla ice cream
- 500ml (17fl oz) pot chocolate ice cream
- 100g (4oz) chocolate-coated coffee beans, roughly chopped
- 150g (5oz) ready-made dark chocolate sauce
- 50ml (2oz) strong espresso coffee, cooled
- Before you start, line a 900g (2lb) loaf tin with clingfilm and set to one side.
- Soften both the ice creams just a little so they're easy to scoop. Put 3 or 4 spoonfuls of each of the ice creams into the tin, alternating as you go, you're after a bit of a checkerboard effect here. Scatter with the coffee beans.
- Keep going until all of the ice cream has been used up and the loaf tin is tightly packed. Return to the freezer for a couple of hours, or overnight.
- When you're ready to serve, warm a sharp knife in hot water and thickly slice the terrine.
- Mix the chocolate sauce with the espresso and drizzle over four large plates. Put a slice or two of the chocolate terrine on to each plate.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 265(kcal)
- Fat 14.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.