Pesto roast cod on bread
Cooking time:preparation plus 20 mins cooking
Skill level: Easy peasy
Really quick and utterly delicious, make it lighter by using less oil if you fancy.
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 2 courgettes, sliced lengthways
- 4 x 125g (4 1/2 oz) thick skinless cod fillets
- 2tbsp green pesto
- 4 thick slices of bread
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- olive oil, for drizzling
- lemon wedges
- mixed salad leaves
Serve with lemon wedges and a mixed salad.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6 and lightly oil a large roasting tin.
- Lay slices of tomato in the tin in four rows, then top with the sliced courgettes. Top each row with a piece
- of cod, then spread the pesto over the top.
- Season with plenty of black pepper and roast the cod for 15-20 mins until cooked through, this will depend on how thick the fish is.
- To serve, toast the bread on both sides and rub with the cut side of the garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and top with the roasted cod, tomatoes and courgettes.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 280(kcal)
- Fat 8.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.