Parma ham & chestnut sprouts
A simple and delicious way to add festive flavour to tender sprouts
- 500g (18oz) Brussels sprouts
- Pack of Parma ham
- 125g (4 1/2oz) chestnuts, roughly chopped (canned or vac-packed are perfect).
- Prepare the sprouts and cut a cross in each. Simmer gently in a pan of boiling water, uncovered for 5-6 minutes, or until the sprouts are tender.
- Meanwhile roughly chop the ham and dry-fry for 2-3 mins until crisp.
- Remove from the pan, then cook the chestnuts in the oil for a couple of mins.
- Scatter over the hot, cooked sprouts and serve.