Toffee apple tartlets with calvados cream
Sickly sweet but deliciously moreish, treat yourself to this easy dessert
- 2 apples375g (13oz) ready rolled puff pastry
- 4-5 tbsp thick toffee sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- icing sugar for dusting
- 150ml (1/4pt) double cream
- 2 tbsp icing sugar, sieved
- 2 tbsp Calvados
Serve the warm toffee apple tartlets with a spoonful of the Calvados cream melting over the top.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6. Halve, core and very thinly slice the apples.
- Cut the pastry into 6 circles about 10cm diameter, using a large pastry cutter or by cutting around a small plate. Place onto a lightly greased, or non-stick baking sheet, and score a small border of about 5mm-1cm around the edge of each one.
- Put about 2 tsp of toffee sauce in the centre of each and then arrange the apple slices on top. Brush the top of the apples and the pastry edges with the egg and then fairly generously dust each one with icing sugar.
- Place in the oven for 8-10 mins until the pastry is puffed up and golden around the edges.