Roasted red pepper pesto topped cod
Cooking time:preparation plus 20 mins cooking
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Keep this fish-dinner light by serving with a leafy green salad. The pesto adds a delicious flavour as well as texture to your white fish. This recipes serves 4 people and is a quick and speedy mid-week dinner when you fancy something a little different from your usual fish dish.
- 4 thick cod portions
- 4 tbsp of roasted red pepper pesto
- 75g (3oz) of fresh white breadcrumbs
- Finely grated lime zest
- 3 tbsp of mixed chopped herbs (such as dill, chives and parsley)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- salad leaves to serve
- First preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6. Then place the cod on a greased baking sheet and season. Spread each piece with roasted red pepper pesto.
- Now mix the breadcrumbs, lime zest, herbs and the remaining pesto in a bowl. Spoon the breadcrumb mix over the cod and press down lightly to make a delicious crust on top.
- Finally bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the fish is just cooked and serve.