Coriander pesto roast potatoes
Bite-sized crispy roast potatoes and a chilled fromage frais dip. No one will need an invitation to dive in.
- 1.5kg (3lb 2oz) King Edward or Maris Piper potatoes, peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp coriander pesto
- 150ml (1/4pt) fromage frais
Serve with a fromage frais dip.
- To start preheat the oven to 200°C/400°/gas 6. Pour the olive oil into a large roasting tin and place it in the oven to heat up.
- Next cut the potatoes into bite-sized chunks and bring them to boil in large pan. Simmer for 7 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and return them to the pan. With the lid on the pan shake the potatoes to roughen the edges, this will give them a lovely crispy coating.
- Next add the coriander pesto and toss until evenly covered.
- Carefully add the potatoes to the hot roasting tin and spoon over the pesto sauce. Return the tin of potatoes to the oven for 45-50 mins, turning once or twice during cooking, until crispy.