Fennel pesto gnocchi with tuna
Cooking time:preparation plus 15 mins cooking
This Italian-inspired dish is ready in 20 minutes - perfect for a light, spring lunch
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 x 200g tin of tuna steaks in brine, drained and broken into chunks
- 50g tin anchovy fillets in olive oil, drained and coarsely chopped (optional)
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 x 400g packs gnocchi
- 4 tbsp fennel pesto
- 100g (4oz) black olives, pitted
- 1 x 200g (7oz) fine green beans, trimmed
- First heat the oil in a pan, add the onion, garlic, anchovies and chillies and cook gently for 4-5 mins, or until the onions are golden.
- Now add the tuna and cook for 3-4 mins until warmed through.
- Meanwhile, cook the gnocchi and green beans in a large pan of boiling, salted water for 2-3 minutes, or until they rise to the surface.
- Drain the gnocchi and green beans and return to the pan, adding the fennel pesto and finish by stirring in the tuna mix with olives. Serve immediately.