Skill level: Easy peasy
Sangria, a punch from Spain made with wine and fruit, is delicious and very easy to make. In fact it's hard to go wrong
- 1 bottle of red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Rioja, Zinfandel, Shiraz)
- Juice of one large orange
- Juice of one large lemon
- 1 orange, sliced thinly crosswise
- 1 lemon, sliced thinly crosswise
- 2tbsp sugar
- 1 shot brandy
- 2 cups ginger ale or club soda
If you'd like to serve right away, use chilled red wine and serve over lots of ice.
- Pour wine into a pitcher or jug and add the orange and lemon juice.
- Toss in the fruit slices (leaving out pips if possible) and any extra fruit you choose. Add the sugar and brandy.
- Chill overnight. Add the ginger ale or club soda just before serving.