Skill level: Easy peasy
Blueberry muffins couldn't be easier to make with this super simple recipe that makes perfect muffins every time. A real favourite with both grown-ups and kids, these easy blueberry muffins are tasty, ready in four simple steps and so moreish you'll have to keep making new batches! This recipe makes 12 regular sized muffins and will take around 45 mins to prepare and cook them. This classic recipe is perfect for beginners or if you're trying to teach the kids how to cook. Once you've mastered this simple recipe you could try swapping the blueberries for other berries instead like raspberries, strawberries or blackberries. Blueberry muffins that are ready in 5 steps - perfect!
Top tip: For the best blueberry muffins, don't over-mix the ingredients. A lumpy batter is perfect, so this is a great recipe to make with the kids.
- 100g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 300g self-raising flour
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 140ml milk
- 1tsp baking powder
- 150g fresh or dried blueberries
- Line a muffin tray with paper muffin cases.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy then add in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the flour and baking powder to make a thick batter, then stir in the vanilla extract and milk.
- Add the blueberries and spoon the mixture into the muffin cases. Bake for 15-20 mins at 180C, gas 4.
- Leave the blueberry muffins to cool in the tray for 10 mins before turning out.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.