Bacon and brie turnovers
Skill level: Easy peasy
This savoury snack is quick and easy to make, and tastes fantastic. You can easily pop a few in the fridge for work the next day.
- 8 rashers of bacon
- 200g brie
- 425g pack of ready roll puff pastry
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 jar of onion chutney
- Pre heat oven to 230°C
- Cut ready rolled pastry into 5"x 5" thick squares. Allow to rest.
- Cook the bacon under the grill (don't crisp). Allow to cool.
- Cut brie into 4 portions.
- Sandwich each portion between 2 pieces of bacon using only the eye of the bacon not the fat.
- Place the bacon and brie onto one half of the pastry square.
- Brush the edges of the pastry with the beaten egg and fold over, pressing the edges to seal it.
- Place onto a baking tray, brush with remaining egg and bake for 20 mins until golden brown. Serve with salad and chips.