Goats' cheese stuffed mushroom with polenta and rocket
Skill level: Easy peasy
There's nothing better than juicy mushrooms oozing with cheese. The grilled polenta turn this into a filling but healthy main meal.
- 4tbsp garlic olive oil
- 8 large flat mushrooms
- 75g drained Pepperdew Sweet Piquante Peppers, roughly chopped
- 2tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 200g goats' cheese, cut into chunks
- 500g pack ready-made polenta, sliced
- 50g bag rocket leaves
- Drizzle the olive oil over the mushrooms and season well. Preheat the grill to medium and grill the mushrooms for 5-8 mins until tender. Scatter the sweet peppers and fresh oregano inside the mushroom cup and top with chunks of goats' cheese.
- Return to the grill for 2-3 mins or until the cheese begins to melt. Meanwhile, grill or griddle the polenta slices on both sides for 5 mins until lightly charred.
- To serve, pile the rocket leaves on top of a couple of polenta slices, season and top with the hot mushrooms.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 274(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.