Tuna and cheese ciabatta melt
Skill level: Easy peasy
A tasty Mediterranean variation on the traditional tuna toastie- great for a family lunch or a quick snack.
- 400g can tuna
- 5tbsp mayonnaise
- 75g black olives
- 6tbsp basil, torn
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 large ciabatta loaf, split in half
- 100g grated Cheddar cheese
- Mix together the drained tuna, mayonnaise, black olives, torn basil and red onion, and season with plenty of black pepper.
- Toast 1 large, split ciabatta loaf on both sides until golden. Then, cut each in half and spoon the tuna mix over.
- Top each slice with the grated Cheddar cheese and grill until golden and oozing.
- Serve with a fresh, crisp salad.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 500(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.