Salmon and parmesan fish cakes
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This salmon cakes dish is the perfect dish if you want to introduce more fish into your diet - very tasty and the kids will love them too.
- 450g ready-made mashed potato
- 400g can salmon, drained with skin and bones removed
- Zest 2 lemons
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- 6tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 100g Parmesan, finely grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 75g fresh breadcrumbs
- Sunflower oil for frying
- Combine the mash, salmon, lemon zest and juice, spring onions, parsley and Parmesan. Season with black pepper and shape into eight patties. Dip each in the egg, then coat in breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the fish cakes and fry in batches for 4-5 mins on each side until crisp. Serve with French fries and a green salad.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 520(kcal)
- Fat 26.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.