Costs: Cheap as chips
Puttanesca pasta is typically made with very few ingredients, saving you time on the washing up!
- 300g tagliatelle
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 25g anchovies, chopped
- 150g mixed olives, drained and halved
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1-2tsp sugar
- 2tbsp sun dried tomato paste
- 100g Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, drain and set to one side. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion. Cook for 8 mins until very soft and lightly golden.
- Add the garlic and gently cook for 2-3 mins. Stir in the oregano and anchovies and cook for 2 mins. Add the olives, tomatoes, sugar and sun dried tomato paste.
- Season with black pepper, bring to the boil and simmer for 15mins until rich and thick
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 547(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.