Smoked salmon & asparagus tartlets
Cooking time:(may need 3 mins more)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Asparagus is low in cholesterol and contains no calories, making it one of the healthiest veg around- combined with smoked salmon, this dish is guaranteed to leave you feeling great!
- 1 x 500g block shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 2 packs asparagus spear tips, blanched and cooled.
- 250g (9oz) smoked salmon (use a pack of trimmings as the salmon needs to be in small pieces)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 x 248ml tub soured cream
- 125ml (4fl oz) milk
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Black pepper and grated nutmeg
- Few fronds of dill, if desired
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 5. Have ready 8 individual tart tins.
- Divide pastry into 8 equal portions and use to line each tart tin, place on a baking sheet and bake blind for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile beat together eggs, cream, milk and seasonings and cut or tear salmon into pieces.
- After 10 mins, remove tray from oven and remove baking beans and paper from cases.
- Divide the asparagus spears and salmon pieces between the cases, gently pour over the egg mixture and return to oven and bake for 15 -18 mins or until pastry is golden and custard set.