Pea and French bean curry
A creamy dish flavoured with fresh coriander - a taste of western India!
- 250g French beans, trimmed250g frozen petit pois, defrosted
For the spice paste:
- 5tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2tbsp sun-dried tomato paste
- 1/2tsp tumeric
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp ground coriander
For the veg sauce:
- 2tbsp sunflower, oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2tsp sea salt
- 150ml double cream
- Juice 1/2 lime
- Place the spice paste ingredients in a food blender, whiz to a paste.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and salt and cook for 8 mins untill softened and lightly coloured. Add the spice paste and fry over a gentle heat for 2-3 mins.
- Add the beans and 200ml water, simmer for 5 mins until the beans are just tender. Add the peas and cream; cook for 5 mins until sauce has thickened. Squeeze over the lime, check the seasoning and serve.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 317(kcal)
- Fat 27.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.