Leek and ham cigars
These simple pastry bites are perfect for parties - adults and kids. Fill the filo pastry with baked leeks and thin ham to create the 'cigars'.
- 1 sheet filo pastry, thawed
- 1 leek, washed and trimmed
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 5 slices of parma or other ham, each cut into 3
- Melted butter for brushing
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5.
- Cut leek into four lengthways, then cut each quarter into four, lay on baking sheet, drizzle lightly with oil and bake for 8-10 mins until just lightly cooked. Allow to cool.
- Fold pastry sheet into three across width to give 3 long strips, then cut each into 5 squares.
- Wrap a piece of ham around each leek length. Brushing each pastry square lightly with butter, place the wrapped leek diagonally across one square and roll up. Brush again and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Repeat with all remaining ingredients and bake for 8-10 mins. Serve warm