Quick peach slices
These peach slices are cheap and easy to prepare- perfect for getting your kids into fruit!
- 1 x 500g (18oz) pack frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 4 large, ripe peaches
- Beaten egg white
- Caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F/gas 7. Open out one pastry sheet. With a sharp knife, trim edges and cut in half across length. Then cut each half into 3 equal rectangles.
- Repeat with other pastry sheet. Lay pastry rectangles on a lined baking sheet.
- Halve the peaches and remove stones, then slice each half into 6-8 slices depending on size. Lay 4-5 slices down on each pastry piece, leaving a small border all round.
- Brush borders with beaten egg white, sprinkle with caster sugar and bake for 8-10 minutes until pastry risen and golden around peach slices.
- Sprinkle again with sugar on removal from oven or, if desired, glaze with a little melted apricot jam. Serve.