Cheesy chicken melts
Skill level: Easy peasy
Tender chicken breasts in a spicy tomato sauce with oozing mozzarella – heaven!
- 25g plain flour
- 1/2tsp cayenne pepper
- 2tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 350g jar Lloyd Grossman Sweet Red Pepper Sauce
- 200g buffalo mozzarella, drained and sliced
- cooked green veg, to serve
For extra tender chicken, flatten it out with a rolling pin before flouring.
- Put the flour, cayenne and thyme in a large food bag, add lots of salt and pepper, and shake. Dip each chicken breast in the egg, shaking off any excess and drop into flour bag. Shake until chicken is well coated.
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan and fry two of the chicken breasts for 5 mins on each side until cooked through. Keep warm. Add remaining oil to the pan and repeat with remaining chicken. Return the chicken to the pan and turn off the heat. Heat grill to high.
- Heat the pepper sauce in a pan and pour it over the chicken breasts. Top with the mozzarella and grill for 5 mins until melting and lightly golden. Serve with green vegetables.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 485(kcal)
- Fat 28.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.