Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
All the intense flavours of the Mediterranean together in this robust weekday meal
- 3 skinned chicken breasts
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 350g rigatoni pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 400g pitted black olives, drained and chopped
- 2tbsp capers (optional)
- Season chicken with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and brush with olive oil. Heat a griddle pan or frying pan over a very high heat and cook the chicken for 5 mins on each side, until cooked through. Cut into strips.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta in plenty of salted boiling water, until almost ‘al dente’. Drain and return to the pan. Stir in remaining ingredients and return the pan to a very low heat for 1min, stirring as the sauce heats up. Fold in the chicken and serve immediately.
For more great family recipes every month, subscribe to Essentials Magazine
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 570(kcal)
- Fat 18.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.