Chicken and red pepper pie
Costs: Cheap as chips
We've cut the quantity of high-fat pastry, but added a luxurious creamy wine sauce
- 1/2tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cubed
- 100ml white wine
- Leaves from 2 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 200g low-fat crème fraîche
- 1 egg, beaten
- 85g puff pastry, thinly rolled
- Preheat oven to Mark 7, 220°C, 425°F. Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 5 mins until turning golden. Stir in the pepper and cook for 2 mins.
- Pour in the white wine and stir in the tarragon. Simmer over a low heat for a couple of mins. Remove from the heat, allow to cool slightly and stir in the crème fraîche. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Transfer to a pie dish. Brush sides of the dish with a little beaten egg, then cover with the pastry. Brush pastry with beaten egg and make a couple of air vents with a knife. Bake for 20 mins until pastry is well risen and golden.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 395(kcal)
- Fat 21.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.