Quick strawberry tart
The ultimate summer pudding. Use sweet British strawberries while they're in season to make this classic dessert.
- 340g (12oz) frozen sweet puff pastry, thawed
- 200g (7oz) strawberries (approx 17-18 strawberries), halved
- 250g (9oz) tub of mascarpone cheese
- 250ml (8floz) tub of crème fraiche
- 50g caster sugar
- 4tbsp redcurrant jelly
- 2tbsp amaretto liqueur (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4
- Roll out pastry to line a 23cm (9in) fluted flan/tart tin or ring and bake blind for 15-20 mins until pastry is golden brown. Allow to cool.
- Combine mascarpone and crème fraiche and stir through caster sugar. Then stir in liqueur if desired. Place in fridge to chill for 10 mins.
- Spread cheese-crème mixture in tart case and arrange halved strawberries on top to cover.
- Melt redcurrant jelly in microwave or in saucepan and then rush liberally over strawberries and cheese-crème mix to give a glaze.