Crab, lemon and chilli linguine
Why splash out on fresh crabs, when tinned crab (or even tuna) can taste this good in this deliciously zesty linguine pasta dish?
- 350g linguine
- 2x170g tins crab meat in brine
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3tbsp olive oil
Top tip: This dish can also be made using tuna tinned in olive oil. Don't drain the fish, as the oil makes for a tastier sauce.
- Cook the linguine in plenty of salted boiling water, until 'al dente' (before it gets soft). Drain and return to the pan.
- Meanwhile, tip the crab, with its brine, into a bowl. Stir in the remaining ingredients and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Stir the crab mixture into the drained pasta and return to a low heat, stirring gently, until most of the liquid has been absorbed by the pasta. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 490(kcal)
- Fat 14.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.