Easy mince pies
No need to make your own pastry with this delicious recipe for classic mince pies. Make enough to last until the New Year.
- 1 x 500g (18oz) block frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 350g (12 oz) mincemeat
- Caster sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6. Have ready a 12-hole tart tin.
- Roll out pastry and using a 7.5cm (3in) cutter cut out 12 discs ands use to line tart tins.
- From remaining pastry cut 12 smaller discs for lids (you may have to re-roll trimmings for this).
- Fill each with tart two generous teaspoonfuls of mincemeat, lightly moisten undersides of lids with water and use to top tarts, pressing gently at edges to seal.
- With a skewer, make a small steam hole in centre of tops, brush with water and sprinkle with sugar and bake for 15-20 mins until golden brown. Sprinkle again with caster sugar as they come out of the oven.
Looking for food gifts? We've got plenty more to choose from!