Courgette, red onion and ricotta pizza
Save time with ready-made bases, then add our Italian-style, low-fat topping
- 2 courgettes, thinly sliced lengthways with a potato peeler
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 1tbsp chopped fresh oregano or 1/2tsp dried oregano
- 11/2tbsp olive oil
- 200g tub ricotta cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 x 15cm ready-made tomato-flavour pizza bases
Italians often use ricotta on pizza. It won't give the same stringy result as melted mozzarella, but it is filling and lower in fat, so you won't feel deprived!
- Preheat the oven to Mark 7, 220°C, 425°F. Place the courgettes and onions in a roasting tin and season well. Scatter over half the oregano, drizzle with half the olive oil and stir well to combine. Roast for 6-8 mins, until soft.
- Place the ricotta in a bowl and stir in the garlic and remaining oregano. Spread over pizza bases and top with the vegetables. Season and bake for 8-10 mins. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and serve.
Tip: Italians often use ricotta on pizza. It won't give the same stringy result as melted mozzarella, but it is filling and lower in fat, so you won't feel deprived!
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 270(kcal)
- Fat 11.0g
- Salt 11.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.