Sweet potato, cauliflower and sugar snap curry
This is very mild but if you like your curries spicier, add one chopped chilli with the curry powder. You can also substitute any of the vegetables for what you have in the fridge.
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1tsp curry powder
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 500ml hot vegetable stock
- 350g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 100g each sugar snap peas and French beans, topped
- Gently warm the oil in a saucepan over a low heat. Add the onions and fry them for about 5 mins,until soft. Add the curry powder and stir-fry for 1 min, until you are able to smell the distinctive aroma of the spices.
- Stir in the tomatoes, sweet potato and stock, and bring to the boil. Simmer, covered, for 5 mins, then add the cauliflower. Cook uncovered for 5 mins, then stir in the sugar snap peas and French beans. Simmer for a further 5 mins until all the vegetables are tender. Serve with steamed rice and naan bread.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 130(kcal)
- Fat 4.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.