Roasted mediterranean vegetables with mint couscous
Adding a little honey to the vegetables in this recipe helps to bring out their natural sweetness, and will liven up the couscous.
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 courgette, cut into chunks
- 1 aubergine, thinly sliced
- 2 red onions, cut into thick wedges
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1tbsp runny honey
- 200g couscous
- 2tbsp chopped fresh mint
Any leftovers from this meal will keep in the fridge for a few days, or make a tasty addition to a packed lunch.
- Preheat the oven to Mark 6, 200°C, 400°F. Place all the vegetables in a large roasting tin and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and scatter with the fresh chilli. Stir well to coat the vegetables evenly in oil and roast for 15 mins.
- Stir the honey into the vegetables and cook for a further 10 mins, or until tender and beginning to brown around the edges.
- Meanwhile, place the couscous in a bowl and pour over 350ml boiling water. Sprinkle generously with salt. Cover with a clean tea towel and set aside for 10 mins. Flake the couscous up with a fork and stir in the mint. Serve topped with the roasted vegetables.
Tip: For an even tastier couscous, use hot vegetable stock with a pinch of saffron instead of boiling water.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 236(kcal)
- Fat 7.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.