Pasta with juicy cherry tomatoes
Perfect for kids - they'll love the pasta shapes, and the sweet tomatoes burst with flavour!
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ tsp caster sugar
- 2tsp dried oregano
- 5tbsp olive oil
- 1kg cherry tomatoes, halved
- 30g short pasta shapes
- 8-9 fresh basil leaves, torn.
* Grilling the cherry tomatoes with sugar really concentrates their flavour. * If tomatoes break up when grilled, just pour all juices into pasta to add flavour
- Preheat the grill. Combine the garlic sugar and oregano with the olive oil. Place the cherry tomatoes in a shallow roasting tin and drizzle with the oil mixture. Season with plenty of salt and freshly ground black pepper and grill while the pasta cooks.
- Cook pasta in plenty of slated boiling water, until 'al dente'. Drain and return to the pan, off the heat. Stir basil and tomatoes into the pasta. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 473(kcal)
- Fat 16.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.