Tuna steaks with sweet and sour celery
Skill level: Easy peasy
The sweet and sour veg adds an oriental flavour to this delicious fish recipe.
- 4 fresh tuna steaks
- 2 celery hearts, rinsed and chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 3 tomatoes, skinned, seeded and chopped
- 2tbsp capers
- 4tsp unrefined sugar
- 3tbsp white wine vinegar
- Chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and cook for 3-4 mins. Add the chopped celery and cook for a further 3-4 mins until beginning to soften.
- Stir in the tomatoes and cook over a medium heat until the tomatoes become pulpy. Add the capers, sugar and vinegar. Turn up the heat and cook until the vinegar has evaporated. Set aside.
- Heat a griddle and brush the tuna with a little oil and season. Place the tuna in the hot pan and cook for about 3 mins on each side. (1 min each side for rare, 4 mins each side for well done).
- Serve the fish topped with the celery mixture and scatter over chopped parsley. Season to taste.