Mango and passion fruit trifle
The light and refreshing tropical fruit base is crowned with a decadent delicious layer of oh so creamy mascarpone and a generous sprinkling of fudgy dark muscovado sugar.
- 150g packet ratafia or amaretti biscuits
- 150ml (1/4pt) rum or sherry
- 1 mango, peeled and flesh sliced
- 1 papaya, peeled, halved and seeds removed, flesh sliced
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 small pineapple, peeled, cut into quarters, woody core removed, sliced
- 500g carton fresh vanilla custard
- 200g (7oz) mascarpone
- 284ml carton double cream, softly whipped
- Finely grated zest of 1/2 lime
- 1/2tsp vanilla extract
- 50g (2oz) unrefined dark muscovado sugar
- Put the biscuits in the base of 8 glasses and drizzle over some of the rum or sherry.
- Scatter some mango, papaya, lime juice and pineapple pieces into each glass. Pour over the rest of the rum or sherry.
- Pour the custard over the fruit.
- Mix together the mascarpone, double cream, lime zest and vanilla extract together.
- Spoon on top of the custard and sprinkle with dark muscovado sugar.