Costs: Cheap as chips
This delicious frittata is a great way to round off a hard day- filling, warming and comforting all at once!
- 6 rashers lean oak smoked back bacon
- 1tbsp oil
- 300g (10oz) cooked new potatoes, drained and thickly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 eggs
- 1tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 6 green olives, pitted and sliced
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes
- 100g (4oz) mozzarella cheese
- Grilled tomatoes and green salad. You can add extra bacon rashers if you like.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook the bacon, new potatoes and red onion for 2-3 mins until just turning golden brown.
- Meanwhile beat together the eggs and chives.
- Add to the pan the olives, cherry tomatoes and cheese, roughly torn.
- Pour over the eggs and cook for 2-3 mins until just set. Finish cooking under a preheated grill until the eggs and cheese are cooked, brown and crispy.
- Serve sliced into thick wedges with extra grilled tomatoes and crisp green salad.