Warm crispy duck and noodle salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
Crispy duck is a comforting, indulgent dish, perfect after a long day - and with these great vegetarian noodle salad you don't have to feel guilty about it!
- 2 large duck fillets5ml (1tsp) five-spice powder
- 15ml (1tbsp) soy sauce
- 225g (8oz) medium egg noodles
- 10ml (2tsp) sunflower oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 100g (4oz) baby sweetcorn, halved lengthways
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into thin sticks
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 30ml (2tbsp) sunflower oil
- 15ml (1tbsp) sesame oil
- 30ml (2tbsp) rice wine vinegar
- 15ml (1tbsp) light soy sauce
- 5ml (1tsp) finely grated root ginger
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas 6. Place the duck fillets in a shallow roasting tin. Mix together the five-spice powder and soy sauce and rub into the skin.
- Roast the duck for 25-35 mins until the skin is crisp and golden. Remove from the oven and leave to rest in a warm place.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the packet instructions, then drain and rinse under cold running water.
- Heat the oil in a wok or non-stick frying pan and fry the garlic and vegetables over a high heat until just tender. Toss in the noodles and cook for a further 1-2 mins until heated through.
- Mix together all the dressing ingredients. Thinly slice the duck fillets and toss into the noodles with the dressing. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 520(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.