Warm asparagus salad
This light salad is an ideal starter before a filling Sunday roast. You can prepare the mayonnaise in advance, then cover and chill in the fridge.
- 2 x 150g packets asparagus spears
- 60ml (4tbsp) virgin olive oil
- 90ml (6tbsp) mayonnaise
- 30ml (2tbsp) fresh chopped basil
- 5ml (1tsp) lemon juice
- 140g packet watercress and rocket salad
- 30ml (2tbsp) Parmesan cheese shavings
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas 6. Toss the asparagus spears in half the olive oil and place in a shallow roasting tin. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast for 8-10 mins until just tender.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, basil and lemon juice and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Arrange the salad leaves, roasted asparagus and Parmesan cheese shavings on six small serving plates and drizzle over the rest of the olive oil. Place a spoonful of the basil mayonnaise on each plate and serve immediately.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 240(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.