Slice delicious sun-dried tomatoes into your leg of lamb for a tasty Mediterranean style dish.
- 1.8kg (4lb) leg of lamb
- Half jar of sun-dried tomatoes
- 30ml (2tbsp) sun-dried tomato oil (from the jar)
- 10ml (2tsp) dried oregano
- 450g (1lb) parboiled new potatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 2 red onions
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, 425°F, Gas 7.
- With a sharp knife, make incisions into the skin of a 1.8kg (4lb) leg of lamb.
- Insert small pieces of sun-dried tomatoes into the slits.
- Rub 30ml (2tbsp) sun-dried tomato oil (from the jar) all over the lamb and sprinkle with 10ml (2tsp) dried oregano.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Roast for 15 mins, then reduce the oven temperature to 190°C, 375°F, Gas 5 and roast for 11/2 hrs or until the meat is cooked to your liking.
- After 30 mins of cooking time, spoon 450g (1lb) parboiled new potatoes around the meat, tossing to coat in the juices.
- Deseed and thickly slice 1 red, yellow and orange pepper and slice 2 red onions into wedges.
- Add the peppers and onions to the roasting tin 20 mins before the end of cooking.