Monkfish with Parma ham
Skill level: Easy peasy
The soft, flavoursome monkfish works excellently with the powerful taste of parma ham in this recipe.
- 2 x 175g (6oz) monkfish fillets
- 4 slices Parma ham
- 45ml (3tbsp) virgin olive oil
- 100g (4oz) asparagus spears
- 100g (4oz) baby sweetcorn, halved lengthways
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, 375°F, Gas 5. Season the monkfish with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Wrap each fillet with 2 slices of Parma ham.
- Heat 15ml (1tbsp) of the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the monkfish fillets for 2-3 mins. Transfer to a small roasting tin and roast in the oven for 10 mins.
- Toss the asparagus and baby sweetcorn in another 15ml (1tbsp) of the oil and place around the monkfish. Roast for a further 10-15 mins until the fish is firm to the touch and the vegetables are just tender.
- Slice each monkfish fillet into 3 and arrange on top of the roasted vegetables. Drizzle over the rest of the olive oil and serve immediately.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 445(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.