Spinach and pine nut gnocchi
This super-healthy, super-easy pasta dish is a perfect alternative to meaty meals.
- 500g packet potato gnocchi
- Cooking oil
- 25g (1oz) pine nuts
- 300g carton fresh cheese sauce
- 50g (2oz) baby spinach leaves
- 100g (4oz) cherry tomatoes
- Cook the gnocchi according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat 2tsp oil in a large frying pan and fry the pine nuts until lightly toasted. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the fresh cheese sauce to the frying pan and heat through gently.
- Drain the gnocchi and stir into the cheese sauce with the baby spinach leaves and halved cherry tomatoes.
- Cook for about 1 minute, then divide between 4 serving dishes and top with the pine nuts and lots of freshly ground black pepper.