Baby food: Apricot puree
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Apricot puree babyfood gives your baby a sweet treat without any sugar by using deliciously fragrant apricots and a little juice. This recipe will make enough for a few meals so that you can pop it into the freezer for whenever you need it. The vitamin C in the apricots will help to strengthen you baby's immune system too, which is all the more reason why you should introduce this recipe into your baby's diet. Ready in only 20 minutes, this is a super simple and quick recipe you can prepare in no time at all.
- 1lb dried apricots, un-sulphured
- 500 ml white grape juice or apple juice.
One pureed baby food cube equals approximately 1 ounce of food
- Bring liquid and fruit to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Reserve any left over liquid to use for the puree
- Place into your choice of appliance for pureeing and begin pureeing.
- Add the reserved liquid as necessary to achieve a smooth, thin puree or
- Add cereal (if desired) to thicken up
- Note: puree will not freeze solid, but into slightly soft/slightly frozen cubes.