Spicy baked salmon
A variation on the traditional baked salmon recipe, this dish adds an oriental touch with some chilli powder, cumin and ground coriander.
- 900g (2lb) piece salmon fillet10ml (2tsp) mild chilli powder
- 10ml (2tsp) ground coriander
- 10ml (2tsp) ground cumin
- 2.5ml (1/2tsp) freshly ground black pepper
- squeeze lemon or lime juice
- 30ml (2tbsp) oil
- 90ml (6tbsp) mayonnaise
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- Finely grated rind and juice from 1 lime
- Lime wedges and spring onion curls (see tip), to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas 6. Run your fingers along the top of the salmon fillet and remove any fine bones with tweezers. Mix together the spices and rub over the surface of the salmon. Season with a little salt.
- Slice the salmon into 6 pieces and place in a foil-lined roasting tin. Whisk together the lime or lemon juice and oil and drizzle over the salmon.
- Bake for 20-25 mins until the salmon is just cooked to the centre. Leave to cool completely.
- Arrange the cold salmon fillets on a platter. Mix together the mayonnaise, spring onions and lime rind and juice. Serve the salmon and mayonnaise garnished with lime wedges and spring onion curls.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 346(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.