Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
1. Core apple and leave peel on
2. Place a wee bit of butter on the inside of the cored apple (sprinkle a bit of cinnamon in the apple if you like)
3. Place in a pan with just enough water to slightly cover apples; about an inch of water
4. Bake in a 400-degree oven for 30 minutes or until tender; be sure to check on the water level.
5. Once baked, either cut apple into little bits and serve as a finger food or mash as directed above in the Apples/Applesauce recipe
Where to next?
Got your own recipe? Send it to us and we'll publish the best
Save money on food with our coupons. Simply cut them out and take them to the shops with you.