Spiced pork koftes
Skill level: Easy peasy
Koftes are an essential element of Turkish cuisine, and for far less than the cost of a restaurant you can make them at home! The onions and chopped coriander add wonderful bite to the minced pork.
- 450g (1lb) lean minced pork
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 30ml (2tbsp) fresh chopped coriander
- 5ml (1tsp) each ground coriander and ground cumin
- White of 1 small egg
- Metal skewers
- Place the pork mince and spring onions in a food processor. Add the fresh coriander, the ground coriander and cumin and the egg white. Season well and process until blended. (Alternatively, mix all the ingredients in a large bowl with clean hands)
- Divide the mixture into 8 and shape on to metal skewers.
- Chill for 30 mins then cook under a medium-hot grill for 15-20 mins, turning frequently until the koftes are cooked through.
- Brush with a little oil towards the end of the cooking time. Serve with rice, salad and cucumber yogurt and sprinkled with a little paprika.