Raspberry ripple ice cream
Prep time:plus freezing time
Total time:plus freezing time
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This raspberry ice cream is truly delicious, and you don't need any special equipment to make it.
- 600ml (1pt) whipping cream
- 45ml (3tbsp) icing sugar
- Vanilla essence
- 100g (4oz) fresh raspberries
- Ice cream cones
- Place 600ml (1pt) whipping cream in a large bowl with 45ml (3tbsp) icing sugar and a few drops of vanilla essence. Whisk until softly peaking, then spoon into a shallow freezer-proof container.
- Freeze for 1-2 hrs until the mixture starts to freeze at the edges but is still slushy in the middle. Remove from the freezer and beat with a fork until smooth.
- Return to the freezer for about 45mins. Meanwhile purée 100g (4oz) fresh raspberries by pushing through a fine-holed sieve. Stir a squeeze of lemon juice and 30ml (2tbsp) icing sugar into the purée.
- Swirl the raspberry purée through the semi-frozen cream mixture. Return to the freezer and freeze until solid.
- To serve, remove the container from the freezer and place in the fridge for 20-30 mins until the ice-cream has softened slightly. Use a metal scoop dipped in hot water to make your own ice-cream balls and serve in cones.