Roasted courgette and tomato couscous
A super-healthy vegetarian option with tomato and garlic. A great family meal for when you don't fancy meat or fish.
- 75ml (5tbsp) olive oil
- 4 courgettes, trimmed and thickly sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 225g (8oz) small tomatoes, halved
- Few fresh thyme sprigs
- 250g (9oz) couscous
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas 6. Place 45ml (3tbsp) of the olive oil in a large roasting tin and heat in the oven for 5 mins. Add the courgettes, onion and garlic and toss to coat in the hot oil. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and roast for 15 mins. Add the tomatoes and thyme and roast for a further 10-15 mins until the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, place the couscous in a bowl with 2.5ml (1/2tsp) salt and pour over 300ml (1/2pt) boiling water. Stir once, then cover the bowl and leave for 10 mins.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork and add the rest of the olive oil and the lemon juice. Season well. Top with the roasted vegetables and any juices from the roasting tin. Serve warm or cold.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 426(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.