Baby food: Potato puree
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Potato puree is a great recipe for when you first start weaning your baby. It's quite a bland flavour, which is ideal for when you start introducing solids into your infant's diet. Getting your baby used to flavours you will eat as a family later on is easier done sooner rather than later. If you love your spuds then giving your baby them every now and then will give them a taste for them too! The soft smooth puree is the perfect thing to start babies on from very young.
- 2 large potatoes
- Peel potatoes and cut into small chunks.
- Place chunks into a pan with just enough water to slightly cover potato
- Boil until tender, be sure to check on the water level.
- Reserve any left over water to use for thinning out the potatoes
- Place into your choice of appliance for pureeing and begin pureeing.
- Keep a close watch on the potatoes while you are pureeing as they may turn into "wallpaper paste" if pureed too much.
- Add the reserved water as necessary to achieve a smooth, thin consistency.